The University, as a public institution and a professional community responsible for education and conducting scientific research, wishes to ensure compliance with the law and the adopted values and principles. Violation of them should in any case evoke our reaction. The addressees of such reports are direct superiors (in particular: deans, directors and heads), but also persons and teams specially appointed for this purpose, such as Ombudsperson for Academic Rights and Values, Student and PhD Student Ombudsperson, Plenipotentiary of the Rector for Preventing Sexual Harassment, Rector and other entities operating at the university.
In order to make it easier to contact these persons, we are introducing an additional option to report cases of violations of the law or rules applicable at the University, in accordance with the adopted Internal Reporting Regulations.
Any person who has experienced or witnessed any of the violations mentioned above at the University can report it in the following ways:
- by submitting the report form: https://naruszenia.us.edu.pl/form
- in person: in room 346, ul. Bankowa 14 (Pavilion B, 2nd floor), from Mon. to Fri., 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- by phone at: 32 359 12 90, from Mon. to Fri., 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Violation reports are not anonymous. However, they may be made subject to confidentiality. The adopted solution ensures the protection of the personal data of the persons reporting violations and provides optimal conditions for processing the report.
The proposed solution is an additional opportunity to respond to situations and events that are in conflict with the principles and values that govern the functioning of the University.
Who accepts reports?
After registration of the report, information about its receipt is provided to the Rector. The reporting person receives confirmation of reception of the report within 5 working days, and feedback on the follow-up or corrective action taken within 3 months from the day of receipt of the report.
What happens after a violation is reported?
After registration of the report, information about its receipt is provided to the Rector. The reporting person receives feedback on the follow-up or corrective action taken within 3 months of receipt of the report.
More information on the reporting procedure can be found in the Internal Reporting Regulations.
What is the procedure for reporting a violation?
The course of the procedure for consideration of the report is presented in the following documents:
- Scheme of entities accepting violation reports and relations between them [PDF, 183 KB]
- Algorithm of proceeding in the event of receipt of a violation report at the University of Silesia [PDF, 72 KB]
- Entities responding to violations at the University of Silesia and the competences of these entities [PDF, 241 KB]
- Textual description of the system for responding to violations of rights at the University of Silesia [DOC, 96 KB]